The Baltimore Orioles are a Major League Baseball franchise with a rich history and a bright future. The Orioles have won eight American League East Division titles, seven AL Pennants and three World Series titles, which solidified the dominance Baltimore once showed on the league. Despite suffering 14-consecutive losing seasons from 1998 to 2011, the Orioles broke through and made the playoffs in 2012.
Baltimore was one of the elite franchises in all of baseball between 1964 and 1983. They were perennial playoff contenders and won their three World Series titles during that span. The Orioles also had a dominant run in the mid-1990s, when they made the playoffs consistently behind the play of future Hall of Famer Cal Ripken Jr.
The Orioles made their first major league splash in 1965 when they traded for future Hall of Famer Frank Robinson from the Cincinnati Reds. The acquisition of Robinson paid off almost immediately, the slugger won the AL MVP the following season, becoming the only player to claim the MVP award in both leagues, and led the Orioles to their first World Series title in franchise history.
After winning their first World Series title, the Orioles enjoyed a huge span of success. In the 17 years following their title run the team won seven division titles, five pennants and two more World Series titles. After their successful run, the franchise fell in a slump that would keep them out of the playoffs for many years to come. The Orioles failed to register a winning season from 1998 to 2011 before finally establishing a roster that could once again return the franchise to glory.
With players Like Chris Davis and Manny Machado, the Baltimore Orioles have a core of young players that are ready to make them consistent playoff contenders. The Orioles have proven to be a franchise on the cusp of winning multiple titles. Across the country, fans proudly wear their Orioles gear. After suffering through an a span of losing seasons, Baltimore bounced back as a franchise and continued its dedication to winning by making a playoff appearance in 2012 and that’s why investing in Orioles memorabilia is such an easy decision for fans. Any piece of Orioles memorabilia would be a great addition to a MLB collection and items signed by legendary Baltimore players are an absolute must-have for the team’s fans.
- Manny Machado Signed Photos:Manny Machado is one of the most elite young players currently in Major League Baseball and stars the Orioles roster. The new baseball sensation was drafted by the Orioles with the third overall pick in the 2010 MLB Draft and made his big league debut just two years later. The talented third baseman broke out during the 2013 season, when he was voted to his first career All-Star game and won a Gold Glove Award for his impeccable ability to field his position. Machado is the next face of the franchise for the Orioles, and investing in his signed collectibles is a smart move considering the hype surrounding the up-and-coming All-Star and his expected future success. A signed Manny Machado photo would be an ideal addition to any Orioles memorabilia collection in need of a modern boost. Oriole fans can capture the third baseman’s presence on the field with a Manny Machado autographed photo from images dominating the field or crushing baseballs at the plate.
- Cal Ripken Jr. Autographed Baseballs:Cal Ripken Jr. is a baseball legend, period. Also known as “The Iron Man,” Cal Ripken Jr. played his entire 21-year career for the Baltimore Orioles and always showed up for work, putting in 2,632 consecutive games played for a franchise and MLB record. Ripken put together one of the most storied careers ever with 19 All-Star games, two AL MVP awards, two Gold Gloves, eight Silver Slugger Awards, and a World Series title with the Orioles in 1983. The best way to commemorate the legendary career of this Orioles icon is by adding a Cal Ripken Jr. signed baseball to your sports room or collection. With a Cal Ripken Jr. autographed, collectors can add an iconic centerpiece to their collection, while Orioles fans can honor the greatest to don a Baltimore jersey. A baseball is a classic piece of sports memorabilia for anyone to own, but one with a Cal Ripken Jr. autograph is a real treasure that will continue to acquire worth for many years to come.
- Frank Robinson Memorabilia: A member of the exclusive 500 home run club, Frank Robinson enjoyed one of the most complete MLB careers that baseball has ever seen. His 586 career home runs attest that he could hit for power, a .294 batting average shows his consistency and his 1,812 RBIs account for his ability to produce for his team. Robinson was named National League MVP as a member of the Cincinnati Reds in 1961 and then became the only player to win the award in both leagues when he claimed the American League MVP award as a member of the Baltimore Orioles in 1966. Frank Robinson memorabilia can definitely add a historical boost to any MLB collection and items with a Frank Robinson autograph are consistently rising in value. With sports memorabilia, like a signed Frank Robinson photo, Baltimore Orioles fans can preserve the legacy of one of the best players ever to play the game and honor some of the greatest moments in team history.
- Chris Davis Signed Bats:Chris Davis broke onto the scene in the MLB during the 2013 season as one of the premier sluggers in all of baseball. The Orioles first baseman led the entire league with 53 home runs and 138 RBIs, with his 53 longs balls setting a new franchise record. As a young star who will continue to elevate his career to new heights, the time to invest in signed Chris Davis memorabilia featuring the slugger is now. With a Chris Davis autographed bat, Orioles fans can commemorate the uprising of a new franchise legend who is sure to take Baltimore’s team to the next level in coming season. Take home a piece of the action with a Louisville Slugger is featuring a Chris Davis autograph to add a rare and unique piece to your collection.
- Signed Jim Palmer Photos: Being a six-time All-Star, Jim Palmer was a star pitching ace during some of the best moments in Baltimore Orioles history. Palmer played an integral role on three World Series winning teams with Baltimore while adding three Cy Young Awards to his list of personal achievements. The Orioles retired Palmer’s No. 22 jersey and he was inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame in 1990 on his first time on the ballot. Since Palmer was one of the best pitchers in franchise history, the investment in a Jim Palmer signed photo is one that will pay off for fans and collectors as his autograph continues to rise in value. An autographed Jim Palmer photo would be a fantastic addition to any Baltimore Orioles collection since it captures some of the most iconic moments in franchise history. Preserve the legendary Hall of Famer’s career with a Jim Palmer autographed photo dominating the pitching mound or posing in his famous number 22 Orioles jersey.