The Boston Bruins are one of the most storied franchises in hockey. The Bruins are the oldest NHL team based in the U.S. and the third-oldest team in the entire league. Winning 25 division titles, four conference titles and six Stanley Cups, the Boston Bruins are among the most successful hockey teams ever to exist.
Between 1929 and 1941, the Bruins won three Stanley Cups and were consistently among the premier franchises in the NHL. In 1970, after a 29-year Stanley Cup drought the Bruins returned to glory behind the play of superstars Phil Esposito and Bobby Orr. The future Hall of Famers led the Bruins to a Stanley Cup victory over the St. Louis Blues, where Orr scored the game-winning goal in overtime of the deciding game to clinch the Cup. Orr was tripped during the play and he basically flew through the air as the puck entered the net for the series-clinching goal.
The Bruins stumbled to repeat as champions the next season and eventually lost in a quarterfinals match-up. The following year, though, Boston returned to glory behind the consistent high level of play from Orr and Esposito. The dynamic duo was the top two scorers in the league during the year and they brought the Stanley Cup back to Boston after taking down the New York Rangers in the finals.
After suffering another Stanley Cup drought, the Bruins recaptured the title after an epic run through the 2011 playoffs. Boston won its first-round series in seven games despite not converting on a single power play throughout the series. The franchise then overcame being down 2 games to none to win the following series, before sweeping the Philadelphia Flyers to advance to the Eastern Conference Finals. In the ECF, the Bruins defeated the Tampa Bay Lightning in another seven-game series to advance to the Stanley Cup Finals for the first time since 1990.
The Bruins dropped the first two games of the Stanley Cup against the Vancouver Canucks, but eventually fought back to force a Game 7. In the deciding game, the Bruins dominated the Canucks and claimed the title after a 4-0 victory. The win marked the sixth Stanley Cup in franchise history and broke a 39-year Cup drought – even more remarkable about the Bruins’ title run is that they became the first team in NHL history to win a Game 7 three times in the same playoff run.
The Bruins have one of the most storied histories in all of hockey that much is obvious. All across the U.S. and the world, fans proudly wear their Bruins gear. After suffering through a couple of Stanley Cup droughts, Boston has consistently overcome the odds and reestablished their winning ways and that’s why investing in Bruins memorabilia is such an easy decision. With a list of Hall of Famers like Phil Esposito, Bobby Orr, Milt Schmidt and Cam Neely there isn’t a shortage of available classic Bruins memorabilia. Any piece of Bruins memorabilia would be a great addition to all sports collections considering Boston has produced some of the greatest athletes in hockey history.
- Phil Esposito Autographed Pucks: A member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Phil Esposito played nine seasons for the Bruins throughout his lengthy and successful career. Esposito’s best seasons came as a Bruin as he made a name for himself as one of the best scorers in the league while donning the Bruins’ black and gold colors. During the 1970-1971 season, Esposito recorded his best individual season ever. He scored 76 goals while dishing out 76 assists and tallying 152 total points, marks that labeled him as one of the elite players in the NHL. Fans and collectors can invest in a piece of history with a Phil Esposito signed puck. Featuring the official Bruins logo, all pucks with a Phil Esposito autograph commemorate the Hall of Fame legend and his many achievements. A Phil Esposito signed puck is not only a great way to show Bruins pride, it’s also considered an investment due to the high value of the former NHL star’s signature.
- Bobby Orr Signed Photos: Bobby Orr is one of the most recognized figures in all of hockey. A member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Orr played ten seasons with the Bruins and enjoyed the majority of his prime years of his career in Boston. Orr was inducted into the Hall of Fame at 31 years old, becoming the youngest player to be inducted at that time. During the 1969-1970 season, Orr capitalized on some of the best hockey he had ever played, recording 120 points, winning the Hart Trophy as the regular season MVP, and earning the Conn Smythe Trophy for his stellar play during the playoffs. During the postseason that year, Orr scored one of the most memorable goals in hockey history, including the goal that clinched Boston’s first Stanley Cup title since 1949 while being tripped by a defender. Within our selection of Bobby Orr memorabilia you can preserve the NHL icon’s career forever. Capture all of his greatest moments from scoring the championship-winning goal to flying across the ice with a rare signed Bobby Orr photo for your collection.
- Signed Tuukka Rask Jerseys: Tuukka Rask is one of the most premier goalkeepers in the NHL and is well on his way to writing his name in hockey history. Following the 2013-2014 season, Rask won the NHL’s Vezina Trophy, which is awarded to the best goalkeeper in the league each season. Rask has posted a 36-15-6 record and established himself as a force to be reckoned with, making merchandise with a Tuukka Rash autograph a must-have for Bruins fans. With a autographed Tuukka Rask jersey, fans and collectors can invest in a valuable piece of memorabilia that will only continue to rise in desirability. Each Tuukka Rask signed jersey features the official Bruins design and that would serve as an awesome piece within any NHL memorabilia collection while showing Boston pride.
- Milan Lucic Autographed Memorabilia: Milan Lucic is the physically imposing left win for the Boston Bruins. Lucic was selected with the 50th pick in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft and he made the Bruins’ roster despite being just 19 years old. After just a few years in the league, Lucic has already enjoyed a very successful NHL career. During the Bruins’ Stanley Cup run in 2011, he scored 30 regular season goals and recorded 32 assists, making Lucic one of the most loved hockey players in Boston. Lucic plays very physical but still has the talent to score and to pass on an elite level, so fans and collectors should invest in autographed Milan Lucic memorabilia as he continues to dominate the ice. As he matures and develops into an elite NHL player, Milan Lucic memorabilia will skyrocket in value. Items like a signed Milan Lucic jersey or Milan Lucic autographed helmet would serve as a fantastic addition to any hockey collection.
- Zdeno Chara Autographed Pucks: As a six-time NHL All-Star, Zdeno Chara has been one of the most elite players in the NHL for most of his remarkable career. Chara has been a cornerstone for the Bruins franchise since 2006 and he was a driving force in Boston’s 2011 Stanley Cup run. As the captain of that 2011 Bruins team, Chara led the Bruins to win the first title for Boston since 1972, a feat that will forever make him a fan favorite. Due to his massive success and huge influence in Boston, Zdeno Chara memorabilia is not only popular with Bruins fans, but items with a Zdeno Chara autograph hold a very high value. Sports memorabilia, like a Zdeno Chara signed puck, are a great way to honor the Bruins icon. With a Zdeno Chara autographed puck, fans and collectors can preserve a piece of history from one of the peaks in the storied past of the Boston franchise.