The Chicago Cubs are one of the most storied franchises in not only the MLB, but all of sports. The Cubs have always called Chicago home, and are currently the oldest active franchise to continuously exist in the same city for their entire history. Since the Cubs have deep roots in Chicago, dating back to 1870, the fan base has always remained loyal to the team and the support they get from the fans is second to none.
Chicago was a dominant team early in the 20th century, winning consecutive World Series titles in 1907 and 1908. After their 1908 victory, the Cubs have fallen victim to the longest championship drought in Major League Baseball history that has largely been credited to the “Curse of the Billy Goat.” Despite the continuous streak of bad luck, the Cubs are one of the more beloved franchises in MLB history, and their memorabilia is full of classic collectibles that will infinitely retain high value. Chicago’s ongoing championship drought was credited to the “Curse of the Billy Goat,” which referred to the Cubs’ decision to eject a fan that brought his goat to game four of the 1945 World Series. The fan condemned the Cubs to misery and proposed that they would never win again. Chicago lost that World Series to the Detroit Tigers and has not returned to the championship series since.
Despite never capturing another title, the Cubs have experienced their fair share of success throughout the years and have featured some of the best players in baseball history. Hall of Famers Ernie Banks and Ryne Sandberg have produced legendary careers in front of the die-hard Chicago fans. Slugger Sammy Sosa etched his name into the record books as a member of the Cubs and he will always be remembered for his classic home run battles with Mark McGuire during the late 1990s.
Although the franchise is in a rebuilding mode right now, the Chicago Cubs have accumulated a number of young athletes that could provide the key to turning its fortunes around. Starlin Castro, a young star out of the Dominican Republic, is one of the best young players in the game and has already made three All-Star trips in just five seasons. Anthony Rizzo, a sharp first baseman, has established himself as a threat every time he steps on the field, and with Castro, they make one of the best young infields in baseball.
Across the world, fans proudly show their Chicago Cubs pride to celebrate their team. The Cubs have one of the most storied histories in all of baseball, making sports memorabilia autographed by Chicago’s greatest players from the past and present extremely valuable. Despite being in the midst of a legendary drought, Chicago has still embodied a franchise that is determined to win with players that top the league. Investing in Chicago Cubs memorabilia is a smart decision for any baseball fan or sports memorabilia collector since these MLB products will steadily earn value over the years.
- Starlin Castro Signed Jerseys: One of the most elite, young talents in Major League Baseball, Starlin Castro has emerged as a perennial All-Star and the next generation for the Chicago Cubs. After his MLB debut for the Cubs in 2010, Castro has made three All-Star team selections during his first five years in the league. An elite hitter despite being in just the early stages of his career, Castro led the National League in hits in 2011. He’s also one of the best defensive shortstops in all of baseball that often makes fielding the position look easy despite it being one of the hardest on the field. As the future of the franchise, a signed Starlin Castro jersey is the perfect investment for any sports fan. A classic Cubs jersey that has been hand-signed by the MLB’s latest phenomenon will add great depth to any collection or sports room considering items with a Starlin Castro autograph are predicted to acquire worth well into the future.
- Autographed Anthony Rizzo Photos: Anthony Rizzo has emerged as a young talent that will develop into one of the best overall players in the game. Since joining the Chicago Cubs in 2012, Rizzo has made huge strides into becoming one of the premier first basemen in Major League Baseball. He was selected to his first All-Star Game in 2014 after being voted in by a deciding fan vote and with such a huge fan following, investing in a signed Anthony Rizzo photo is a fantastic way to add a valuable piece to your memorabilia collection. An Anthony Rizzo autographed photo can capture unforgettable moments from his career that will eventually become a real treasure if he continues to improve like he has been. A photo that captures the All-Star taking a swing at the plate or running the bases is a unique way to take home the on field action and celebrate the Cubs newest superstar.
- Ernie Banks Signed Bats: As a member of the 500 home run club to just begin to touch on his many feats, Ernie Banks solidified his place in baseball history as one of the best hitters to ever to play the game. Banks earned 14 trips to the All Star Game and was crowned National League MVP twice during his 19-year career, which he spent with the Chicago Cubs. The 14-time All-Star is widely considered to be one of the greatest players in baseball history, which prompted the Cubs to retire his No. 14 jersey after his playing days came to an end. An Ernie Banks signed bat commemorates his storied career along with his extraordinary achievements, including his career home run total of 512 and his induction into the Hall of Fame. Cubs fans can honor the Chicago icon for life with an Ernie Banks autographed bat as an ode to his contributions to the franchise, while sports memorabilia collectors can invest in a piece that holds immense historic value.
- Sammy Sosa Autographed Baseballs: Sammy Sosa was one of the greatest home runs hitter’s baseball has ever seen and an icon from Cubs history. A member of the ultra-exclusive 600 home run club, Sosa belted the ball out of the park with relative ease during his lengthy Chicago Cubs career. As a seven-time All-Star and six-time Silver Slugger, Sammy Sosa provided MLB fans with memories that will last a lifetime. The peak of his storied career came during the 1998 season, when he claimed the National League MVP after batting .308 with 66 home runs and 158 RBIs to solidify his place in baseball history. Die-hard Chicago Cubs fans can honor the franchise star by adding a Sammy Sosa signed baseball to their collection in order to highlight a very important part of the team’s legacy. A Sammy Sosa autographed ball is a gem that will star as the centerpiece for any sports room or collection being that his career made him a household name that will not be forgotten any time soon.
- Signed Ryne Sandberg Memorabilia: As one of the best players in franchise history, Ryne Sandberg made ten All-Star game appearances while playing for the Chicago Cubs throughout his illustrious MLB career. The iconic second baseman was a complete player, fielding his position with ease and earning nine Gold Glove Awards along with seven Silver Slugger Awards as one of the top-tier hitters in the game. The Cubs retired his No. 23 jersey in his honor, making his career one to commemorate with autographed Ryne Sandberg memorabilia for their sports room or collection. From a Chicago Cubs jersey that has been hand-signed by the Hall of Famer to an autographed Ryne Sandberg photo, any baseball merchandise with a Ryne Sandberg autograph will serve as a valuable addition to any MLB memorabilia collection while preserving the career of a legend.