The Chicago White Sox are a legendary franchise with years upon years of iconic history. The franchise dominated baseball while the game was still very young as they won the World Series in 1907 and 1917. The 1906 title is one that still lives in baseball lore to this day. The White Sox beat cross-town rival Chicago Cubs in the World Series to claim the first title in franchise history. The Cubs were heavily favored to win the series, but the White Sox, also known as the “Hitless Wonders,” completed the upset in six games.
In 1917, the White Sox enjoyed one of the best seasons in franchise history. The team cruised to a 100-54 regular season record, which is still a franchise record for wins and winning percentage. After winning the AL Pennant by a huge margin over the Boston Red Sox, Chicago faced off against the New York Giants in the World Series. In the title series, the White Sox proved to be too much for the Giants and eventually wrapped up the series in six games. The White Sox were two-time champions despite being such a young franchise at the time, and it seemed like the title runs would continue to pile up.
After the second title run, the White Sox fell apart as a team. They dropped the 1919 World Series to the Cincinnati Reds and couldn’t not reciprocate the success they enjoyed just years before. Before long, Chicago was in the midst of a legendary World Series drought. It wasn’t until 1959 that the White Sox returned to the World Series, but in that match-up the Los Angeles Dodgers won the title in six games.
The 2005 Chicago White Sox were a team of destiny. The franchise won 99 games and was dubbed a very serious contender for the World Series title. In the playoffs, the White Sox took down the Boston Red Sox in the division series and advanced for a league championship series against the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. Pitching and timely hitting moved the White Sox past the Angels. Jon Garland, Jose Contreras and Freddy Garcia pitched consecutive complete games against the Angels, while Paul Konerko hit two home runs and recorded seven RBIs en route to being named ALCS MVP.
The White Sox returned to the World Series and faced off against the Houston Astros. Jose Contreras took over the first game of the series and recorded the win while establishing momentum for his team. Courtesy of Contreras, the White Sox completed one of the most epic postseason runs ever in 2005. Chicago eventually completed a four-game sweep of the Astros and capitalized on an 11-1 postseason record, which is one of the most dominant ever.
The Chicago White Sox, after breaking a historic drought, are poised to make more deep postseason runs. The franchise struck gold when they signed the young Jose Abreu to a long-term contract as the rookie sensation has showed he will be a force to be reckoned with for years to come on this league. The White Sox have also done a good job keeping a veteran presence on the team in order to help mold their young players. Paul Konerko and Alexei Ramirez are veterans that can help the team claim another title, and Konerko knows the feeling because he played a huge role on the 2005 title team. With a lengthy history of success and a diverse roster of All-Stars from the past and present, every sports collection needs a piece of Chicago White Sox memorabilia.
- Jose Abreu Signed Jerseys:Jose Abreu has been the best rookie in all of Major League Baseball during the 2014 season. Abreu, a native of Cuba, signed with the Chicago White Sox prior to the season and was soon thrown into the lineup as an everyday first baseman. Abreu has been named the American League Rookie of the Month three times and has earned the title of AL Player of the Month twice, feats that led to his selection to the 2014 All-Star Game. Through mid-August 2014, Abreu recorded a .306 batting average with 31 home runs and 89 RBIs, which makes him one of the most efficient players in all of baseball for the year. Since this young star’s future is extremely bright, investing in signed Jose Abreu memorabilia is a wise move as it will acquire value over the years. With a signed Jose Abreu jersey, White Sox fans show their team pride by adding the perfect centerpiece to their collection.
- Frank Thomas Autographed Bats:A first ballot Hall of Famer, Frank Thomas was the cornerstone of the Chicago White Sox franchise from 1990 to 2005. Better known as “The Big Hurt,” Thomas was one of the most feared hitters in all of baseball. His career .301 average and 521 home runs area testament to his ability to hit efficiently but also with brute power. Thomas was a five-time All-Star and four-time Silver Slugger while with the White Sox, which made him a fan favorite in Chicago. His fan base will never forget the consecutive American League MVP awards Thomas won in 1993 and 1994, which made signed Frank Thomas collectibles are so hard to come across. With a Frank Thomas signed bats, sports memorabilia collectors can add a unique piece to their collection and commemorate one of the best players in baseball history.
- Paul Konerko Signed Photos:Paul Konerko will go down as one of the best players in Chicago White Sox history whenever he decides to hang up his cleats for the last time. Konerko joined the White Sox in 1999 and established himself as a pillar of consistency ever since. He played a vital role on the 2005 team that ended a huge drought and won the World Series. A six-time All-Star, Konerko has been one of the most consistent players in baseball over the past 15 seasons. After winning the American League Championship Series MVP award in 2005 en route to the title, Konerko was named team captain and has held the illustrious position since his election. A perfect way to honor the team captain and his greatest MLB moments is by adding a signed Paul Konerko photo to your baseball memorabilia collection. An autographed Paul Konerko photo captures that captures the slugger as he records a grand slam to celebrating the 2005 World Series Championship victory allows MLB fans to own a piece of baseball history.
- Alexei Ramirez Autographed Baseballs:Alexei Ramirez is a versatile infielder for the Chicago that has helped lead the team to much success throughout his tenure in a White Sox uniform. The major league veteran joined the team in 2008 and soon established himself as one of the most reliable players on the roster. As one of the best defensive players in the game, Ramirez has also shown a great ability from the plate on his way to winning his first Silver Slugger Award in 2010. With an Alexei Ramirez autographed baseball, White Sox fans can take home some of the on-field action and the signature of one of the most key players within recent franchise history. An Alexei Ramirez signed baseball is an ideal display piece within any sports collection and is sure to continue to increase in value as he dominates the MLB in the future.
- Autographed Carlton Fisk Memorabilia:Carlton Fisk is a legendary Hall of Famer who played the majority of his illustrious career with the Chicago White Sox. The 11-time MLB All-Star had his No. 72 jersey retired by the White Sox organization in order to commemorate the greatness he exuberated while on the field. Fisk is widely considered to be one of the top catchers in baseball history and his accomplishments during his unforgettable 24-year career definitely speak to that. Everywhere, baseball fans and collectors realize that no MLB memorabilia collection is complete without items signed by the remarkable, Carlton Fisk. Due to his outstanding success, MLB merchandise with a Carlton Fisk autograph constantly acquire worth as the years pass. Therefore, a Carlton Fisk autographed baseball or a Chicago White Sox batting helmet that has been hand-signed by Fisk will instantly provide any collection with a splash of historical depth and monetary value.