The Houston Texans have enjoyed a large amount of success in the National Football League despite being the league’s youngest franchise. As the NFL’s latest expansion team, the Texans joined the league in 2002. The City of Houston was awarded the team after the previous team in the city, the Houston Oilers, left for Tennessee. Despite being such a young franchise, the Texans have won two AFC South Division titles and look to prosper as they build a strong roster for the future.
The Texans struggled early on, like most expansion teams do, and repeatedly failed to make the playoffs. The first draft pick in team history, David Carr, showed a tremendous amount of talent at the quarterback position but never had a great supporting cast around him. The Fresno State product suffered an NFL-record of 76 sacks during his rookie season and after six years in Houston he left for the Carolina Panthers.
Though Carr didn’t pan out for the Texans, their next high draft pick, Andre Johnson, has definitely proven to be one of the best players in the young franchise’s history. A standout at the University of Miami, Johnson is an overpowering wide receiver that is still a force on the Texans’ offense to this day. The seven-time Pro Bowler has consistently made the Texans’ offense a force to be reckoned with and he played a key role on the team that repeated as division champs from 2011 to 2012.
Houston’s first taste of the postseason came in 2011 after the team sported a 10-6 record after a couple of seasons of narrowly making the playoffs. After claiming the AFC South title, the Texans won their first playoff game in team history with a 31-10 win over the Cincinnati Bengals in the first round of the playoffs before losing to the Baltimore Ravens in the semifinals.
Houston won its second division title the following year after a dominant 12-4 season. Hopes were extremely high for the Texans after beating the Bengals for the second straight time in the playoffs, but they ultimately fell to the New England Patriots in the divisional round of the playoffs.
The Texans suffered a horrendous 2013 season that was culminated by a 14-game losing streak to end the year. The losing season awarded the Texans with the top overall pick in the 2014 draft, which they used to select Jadeveon Clowney out of the University of South Carolina. Clowney, who has been praised as an elite talent since high school, will look to impact the team right away. Clowney will team up with All-Pro defenseman J.J. Watt on what some analysts are saying will be one of the best defensive lines in all of football.
The Houston Texans are a team that is built to contend for many years to come. With young talent in J.J. Watt and Jadeveon Clowney, the Texans have the youth to stay relevant for a long time. In addition to the Texans rising stars, the roster also features a number of seasoned veterans, like Andre Johnson and Arian Foster, that are accustomed to winning. Fans and collectors should be eager to get their hands on Houston Texans memorabilia as items signed by members of the team could become very valuable in the future as they look to dominate the NFL in upcoming season.
- Arian Foster Autographed Footballs:Arian Foster is the starting running back for the Houston Texans and one of the top players at his position in the league. A three-time Pro Bowl selection, Foster is proof that hard work and dedication triumphs all else. The 6-foot-1 back was undrafted out of the University of Tennessee in 2009 before signing with the Texans and went on to become a premier running back in 2010 after he recorded 1,616 rushing yards and 16 touchdowns. He made the Pro Bowl for the first time that year in what was the first of three consecutive trips to the annual all-star game. Since Foster is one of the best ball carriers in the NFL today, investing in an Arian Foster signed football is a fantastic move for any die-hard Texans fan or sports memorabilia collector. An Arian Foster autographed football that has been hand-signed by the All-Pro running back himself will ultimately serve as the centerpiece for any Texans memorabilia collection as it acquires worth over the years.
- J.J. Watt Signed Jerseys:One of the top defensive ends in the league, J.J. Watt has been a key player on the Houston Texans since being selected 11th overall during the 2011 NFL Draft. Watt has established himself as one of the most feared defenders in the league and has earned two trips to the Pro Bowl since joining the NFL. In 2012, Watt produced his best season as a pro when he recorded 81 tackles, 20.5 sacks, four forced fumbles, two fumble recoveries, and 16 defended passes. Investing in J.J. Watt memorabilia is a great move before too much hype surrounds the Pro Bowler and will likely produce a large financial gain as the Texans defensive end continues to dominate the field. With a red, white, or blue Texans jersey has been hand-signed by Watt is the ultimate way to show Houston pride and add value to any NFL memorabilia collection.
- Jadeveon Clowney Autographed Mini Helmets:The latest rookie sensation and No. 1 overall pick in the 2014 NFL draft, Jadeveon Clowney is a once-in-a-generation athlete that possesses all the tools needed to produce a legendary football career. The newest member of the Texans was once the top player in his high school recruiting class and went on to become the top player in the 2014 Draft to join the NFL. After a stellar career at the University of South Carolina, Clowney is projected to continue his collegiate success at the pro level. With an autographed Jadeveon Clowney mini helmet, Texans fans and collectors can invest in the future of one of the best athletes the NFL has seen in many years. Considering his raw talent and diverse skill set, items with a Jadeveon Clowney autograph are certain to gain value as the linebacker begins to write his name in NFL history.
- David Carr Signed Photos:David Carr was the Houston Texans’ very first draft pick in franchise history. The league’s youngest team was awarded the top overall pick in the 2002 NFL Draft and Houston chose Carr out of Fresno State. David Carr went on to start all but four games for the Texans during the team’s first five years in existence. He recorded a productive career with the Houston Texans, but the team could not protect the young quarterback and his stint eventually soured. David Carr will always hold a place in Texans franchise history, and die-hard fans can commemorate the team’s first draft pick with a signed David Carr photo. With David Carr autographed photos, Texans fans and sports memorabilia collectors can preserve iconic moments in football history while honoring the first player selected to wear a Houston football jersey.
- Andre Johnson Autographed Helmets:A seven-time Pro Bowl selection, Andre Johnson is one of the most premier wide receivers in the NFL and star of the Texans roster. The 6-foot-3 receiver was the third overall pick in the 2003 NFL Draft after a stellar career at the University of Miami. Andre Johnson holds nearly every receiving record in Houston Texans history and will surely be inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame when he hangs up his cleats for the last time. As a member of the Miami Hurricanes Hall of Fame, Johnson recorded over 12,000 receiving yards during his career while snatching 61 touchdowns. Fans and collectors have popularized signed Andre Johnson collectibles since he joined the NFL , which created the high value of an Andre Johnson autographed. With an Andre Johnson signed helmet, Texans fans can show their support for Houston’s top receiver, while collectors can invest in sports memorabilia that will steadily acquire value.