The New York Knicks is one of the most iconic franchises in the NBA that plays under the bright lights of Madison Square Garden in New York City. Those lights have brought out the best of many basketball superstars who have worn the classic Knicks uniform. Legends like Willis Reed, Walt Frazier and Patrick Ewing have all dominated the league while calling New York home, and during this generation of basketball stars, Carmelo Anthony, is doing his best to etch his name into New York Knicks basketball lore.
The Knicks thrived during the 1970s behind the superstar play of Wills Reed and Walt Frazier. During the 1970 season, the Knicks reeled off 18 consecutive wins, a record at the time, and finished the regular season with a dominant 60-22 record. New York faced off against the Los Angeles Lakers in the NBA Finals that year, but with the Finals tied at two games apiece Reed tore a muscle in his leg and missed game six. Without Reed, the Knicks lost game six and were forced to play in a deciding game seven. With the championship on the line, Reed provided fans with one of the most memorable moments in NBA history. Though he was doubtful to play, Reed ran onto the court, torn muscle and all, and scored the first two baskets of the game which led to an easy Knicks victory. He was named Finals MVP and became the only player in NBA history to win regular season MVP, All-Star Game MVP and Finals MVP in the same season.
After losing in the Finals in 1972, the Knicks returned to the mecca of basketball again during the 1973 season. The ’73 NBA Finals set up another match=up against the Lakers, and with the addition of another Hall of Famer in Earl Monroe, the Knicks easily defeated Los Angeles and claimed their second title in franchise history. The team consisting of three Hall of Famers in Willis Reed, Walt Frazier and Earl Monroe was one of the best teams ever compiled. The Knicks struggled after winning their second title, and with their legends aging the franchise was without a star player for quite some time. They regained some star power during the 1985 NBA Draft when they used the top overall pick to snag Patrick Ewing out of Georgetown University. Ewing made the Knicks relevant again and with him they were perennial playoff contenders. Ewing went on to become an 11-time All-Star and record a Hall of Fame career while establishing the Knicks as a franchise to be reckoned with.
The Knicks are now under the guidance of star forward Carmelo Anthony, as they look to notch their next title. Anthony joined the team in 2011 and has led them to two playoff appearances alongside Amar’e Stoudemire. As the best overall scorer in the NBA today, Anthony has basketball in New York City buzzing again and has dedicated himself to bringing the Knicks another title. The Knicks have proven to be a franchise with a feel for star players and winning championships. All around the world, basketball fans know this New York basketball team’s storied history and show their Knicks pride. The Knicks have consistently bounced back as a franchise and continued its dedication to winning by making striving to make playoff appearances and that’s why investing in Knicks memorabilia is such an easy decision for fans. Any piece of New York Knicks memorabilia that honors the team’s great players from the past or present would be a valuable addition to any NBA collection.
- Patrick Ewing Autographed Basketballs: Patrick Ewing is considered to be one of the best centers to ever play in the NBA. Although he finished his career with stints for the Seattle SuperSonics and Orlando Magic, Ewing played the majority of his career for the New York Knicks. Most importantly, it was with the Knicks that Patrick Ewing created his legacy as one of the best big men to play the game of basketball. The great Ewing was drafted by the Knicks with the top overall pick in the 1985 NBA Draft and certainly did not disappoint. He averaged 21 points per game while recording 9.8 rebounds per game during his lengthy NBA career that will be remembered by fans and players forever. As a Hall of Famer and legend of the sport, the value of Patrick Ewing memorabilia is very high and continuously increasing. With a Patrick Ewing signed basketball, NBA fans and collectors can pay homage to his Hall of Fame career while finding a perfect centerpiece for their collection.
- Willis Reed Memorabilia: One of the 50 Greatest Players in NBA History, Willis Reed spent his entire ten-year career with the New York Knicks. Reed was a staple of consistency within the Knicks’ organization, and he helped the team to win two championships in the 1970s. The 1970 NBA season provided many highlights that made Reed’s career unforgettable, including his title as the first player in NBA history to be named All-Star Game MVP, regular season MVP, and NBA Finals MVP. Investing in Willis Reed memorabilia is a great move to make by any sports collector looking to add a splash of historical depth to their collection. A signed Willis Reed photo is ideal for preserving unforgettable moments from the early years of the Knicks or a Willis Reed autographed basketball honors the entirety of his Hall of Fame career.
- Walt Frazier Signed Jerseys: Walt Frazier is considered by many to be one of the best point guards of all time. Frazier spent the first ten years of his storied career with the New York Knicks and he played a pivotal role in the franchise’s two championship runs during the 1970s. A seven-time All-Star, Frazier was inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame in 1987, placing him among the best athletes ever to grace the hardwood. Frazier will always be remembered as a member of the Knicks and he has a huge following in New York, making signed Walt Frazier memorabilia extremely sought after and desirable. A signed Walt Frazier jersey is the perfect centerpiece for an NBA collection that is looking to highlight the glory days of the New York Knicks. A Knicks jersey that is hand-signed by the basketball legend is the ultimate way to honor the Knicks’ 1970 and 1973 NBA title, as well as Walt Frazier’s entire legendary career.
- Carmelo Anthony Plaques and Collages: The purest scorer in the NBA today, Carmelo Anthony has elevated his game to another level since joining the New York Knicks in 2011. Being a seven-time All-Star, Anthony led the NBA in scoring during the 2013 season while averaging 28.7 points per game and marching the Knicks straight into the playoffs with a 54-28 record. The remarkable Melo recently re-signed with the Knicks committing to the franchise for at least another five years and has dedicated himself to bringing New York Knicks fans another title. Fans can celebrate one of the NBA’s best players and the latest New York basketball sensation with authentic Carmelo Anthony memorabilia to star their sports room or collection. From autographed Carmelo Anthony jerseys to plaques that honor his outstanding achievements, all NBA products dedicated to the franchise standout is expect to increase in value as he continues to earn his place in basketball history.
- Amar’e Stoudemire Signed Photos: A six-time All-Star, Amar’e Stoudemire is a starting power forward for the New York Knicks that offers a duel-threat alongside Melo. The high-flying forward joined the Knicks via free agency in 2010 and quickly made the Knicks relevant again. Soon thereafter, Amar’e received some much needed help when Carmelo Anthony joined him in New York to lead the team back into playoff contention. Anthony and Stoudemire serve as potentially one of the most feared dynamic duos in recent NBA history. Considering Stoudemire will always be respected in New York with a reputation for making the Knicks a winning team again, Amar’e Stoudemire memorabilia is a must-have for any New York Knicks collection. A signed Amar’e Stoudemire photo is the perfect modern addition to any sports room or collection of Knicks memorabilia. Amar’e Stoudemire autographed photos not only capture some of the best moments in the current Knicks era, but are also very rare because he rarely participates in signings.