The Philadelphia Phillies are one of the most storied franchises in all of Major League Baseball that has produced some of the greatest athletes of all time. The Phillies were established in 1883 and are the oldest franchise in all of professional American sports to continuously don just one name and represent one city. Despite falling through some lengthy losing-streaks, the Phillies have triumphed to take home two World Series titles and win seven National League Pennants.
After going 77 years without claiming a World Series title, the Phillies were poised to overcome that barrier during the 1980 season. The roster was stacked with major league legends Mike Schmidt, Pete Rose and Steve Carlton on the roster, Philadelphia made a deep playoff run that culminated with a face-off against the Kansas City Royals in the World Series. Hall of Famer, Mike Schmidt was named the regular season MVP in 1980 and after hitting .381 in the Phillies’ World Series win, he was also dubbed the World Series MVP. The Phillies returned to the World Series in 1983, but lost to Baltimore Orioles as they tried to claim the second title in franchise history.
The Philadelphia Phillies suffered through another championship drought after claiming the title in 1980, and it would be 28 years before they won another World Series. During the 2008 season, all of the pieces finally came together for the Phillies and the franchise assembled a team that could compete for the title. With a roster loaded with star players like Ryan Howard, Chase Utley, Jimmy Rollins and Cole Hamels, the Phillies went on to beat the Tampa Bay Rays for their second World Series Championship in franchise history. Cole Hamels dominated throughout the playoffs, going undefeated and earning the National League Championship Series MVP title, as well as the World Series MVP award.
The Phillies have one of the most storied histories in all of baseball and across the globe fans proudly show their support for Philadelphia baseball. Despite suffering through a couple of unforgettable droughts, Philadelphia has become a baseball city that is accustomed to winning, which makes investing in autographed Phillies memorabilia a smart move for all MLB fans and collectors. With a list of Hall of Famers that highlights Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Robin Roberts and Richie Ashburn, there isn’t a shortage of baseball icons with highly valued autographs. Any piece of Philadelphia Phillies memorabilia would be a great addition to a MLB collection for any baseball fan that will acquire endless value.
- Ryan Howard Signed Jerseys: One of the most feared sluggers in Major League Baseball, Ryan Howard is the hard-hitting first baseman that plays a commanding role on the Philadelphia Phillies. Howard made his MLB debut for the Phillies in 2004 and has since established himself as one of the best home run hitters in the game. The five-time All-Star won the 2006 National league MVP after hitting .313 with 58 home runs and 149 RBIs. The 58 home runs put his name within the exclusive class of players to hit over 50 home runs in a season and among the league’s most popular athletes. Since Howard is an elite hitter with huge potential to become the next MLB great, fans and collectors should add a Ryan Howard autographed jersey to their memorabilia collection. An autographed Ryan Howard jersey would serve as a unique addition to any MLB collection and commemorates his many feats, from his 2005 Rookie of the Year Award to his unforgettable reputation as the league’s most dominant batter.
- Chase Utley Memorabilia: Chase Utley has been the staple of the Philadelphia Phillies franchise since debuting with the team in 2003. Utley is one of the best second basemen in baseball, making six All-Star teams while consistently leading the Phillies to the playoffs. Utley is also one of the best hitters in the game, claiming four Silver Slugger Awards throughout his storied career. As one of the team’s most respected leaders, Utley played a huge role on the roster that won the 2008 World Series title. A great way to commemorate this future Phillies legend is by adding unique Chase Utley memorabilia to your sports room or collection. From a that plaque features Utley during the 2014 MLB All-Star Game to an autographed Chase Utley jersey to show off Phillies pride, all MLB fans and sports memorabilia collectors should take home a valuable piece with a Chase Utley autograph.
- Jimmy Rollins Signed Photos: National league MVP, Jimmy Rollins has been a dominant shortstop for the Philadelphia Phillies since 2000 that consistently leads the team to success. Rollins is a three-time All-Star who has excelled in every aspect of the game. Considered a solid defensive shortstop, Hamels offensive attributes have always been among the best in the game. In 2007, he won the NL MVP Award after batting .296 with 30 home runs, 94 RBIs and 41 stolen bases, making Jimmy Rollins memorabilia an absolute must for all Phillies collections. Jimmy Rollins is the Phillies all-time leader in hits, and fans can preserve every outstanding home run from his career with a unique Jimmy Rollins autographed photo. Add value to your collection or show support for the Phillies in your sports room with a signed Jimmy Rollins photo capturing your favorite MLB moments.
- Steve Carlton Autographed Baseballs: Steve Carlton won remarkable 329 games during his illustrious 23-year major league pitching career. Carlton spent the majority of his time in the MLB playing for the Phillies, mostly while in his prime, and led the franchise to its first titles ever at the 1980 World Series. A ten-time All-Star, Carlton was a shutdown pitcher who earned four Cy Young Awards. In 1972, Carlton enjoyed possibly the best season of his career when he won the pitcher’s Triple Crown for winning 27 games, striking out 301 batters, and recording a 1.97 ERA. As a major leaguer that holds a special place in history, every sports fan can respect an athlete of Carlton’s caliber and should include autographed Steve Carlton memorabilia in their collection. A Steve Carlton signed baseball is the perfect piece to highlight his career full of achievements, as well as his impact on the sport. Take home a piece of baseball history with a Steve Carlton autographed ball for your collection and preserve his legacy for life.
- Mike Schmidt Memorabilia: A member of the 500 home run club, Mike Schmidt played the entirety of his storied 18-year career with the Philadelphia Phillies. Schmidt is often labeled as one of the best players in MLB history for making 12 trips to the All-Star game while establishing the Phillies as a team to be reckoned with in the 1970s and 1980s. The Hall of Famer sported a complete game with which he won ten Gold Glove Awards at third base and six Silver Slugger Awards while dominating in the batter’s box. A signed Mike Schmidt photo is a great way to preserve his memorable glory days with images of the slugger swinging for the fences, while a signed Mike Schmidt jersey honors his huge place in Phillies history. Whether you-re a die-hard Phillies fan or serious sports memorabilia collector, you cannot go wrong with rare signed Mike Schmidt collectibles that will consistently rise in value over the years.