The San Francisco 49ers has traditionally been one of the best franchises in NFL history. The franchise was established in 1946 and officially joined the NFL in 1950 when the league merged with the All-America Football Conference. A tradition of winning has described the 49ers for as long as they’ve been wearing pads. San Francisco is known for having one of the legendary dynasties in NFL history for its stretch of five Super Bowl wins in a span of 14 years between 1981 and 1994.
The emergence of the 49ers as a team to be reckoned with happened with the arrival of legendary head coach Bill Walsh and Hall of Fame quarterback Joe Montana. With Walsh and Montana the 49ers were primed to consistently make deep playoff runs, and they did just that. During the 1981 season, the 49ers stormed through the regular season to the tune of a 13-3 record – which was the team’s best record ever to that point – and made the playoffs as a top contender. It was during the NFC Championship game against their rival Dallas Cowboys that Montana and the 49ers provided fans with one of the most memorable plays in league history. With his team down 27-21, Montana got the ball with less than five minutes to go in the game and a trip to the Super Bowl on the line. Montana led an 89-yard drive that stalled on the Cowboys’ six-yard line, but on a third down play Montana scrambled out of the pocket and found tight end Dwight Clark in the end zone for an epic reception that has gone down in NFL lore as simply “The Catch.” After taking down the Cowboys, the 49ers faced off against the Cincinnati Bengals in Super Bowl XVI where they held on to win 26-21, giving the franchise its first title.
The franchise returned to glory during the 1984 season, when it experienced a tremendous 15-1 record and earned the top seed in the playoffs. The 49ers rolled through the playoffs en route to a Super Bowl XIX appearance against the Miami Dolphins. The team shut down MVP Dan Marino and demolished the Dolphins 38-16, giving the franchise its second Super Bowl title ever. After the season, the best team in the league got even better when the 49ers drafted future Hall of Famer Jerry Rice. With Rice, Montana and Walsh at the helm of the team, the 49ers made an epic run at back-to-back Super Bowl titles from 1989-1989. In 1988, San Francisco again defeated the Bengals on the biggest stage of all, Super Bowl XXIII. After successfully winning three Super Bowls, Bill Walsh retired as head coach, but handpicked his successor to lead the team to the promise land again. Walsh pegged his former defensive coordinator George Seifert as the next 49ers coach. Seifert picked up where Walsh left off and led the team to a lopsided 55-10 Super Bowl XXIV win over the Denver Broncos.
In 1994, the San Francisco 49ers became the first team in NFL history to win five Super Bowl’s with a dominant 49-26 victory over the San Diego Chargers in Super Bowl XXIX. This victory, though, was led by Steve Young, who patiently waited for his turn to emerge as a star quarterback behind Hall of Famer Joe Montana.
The San Francisco 49ers served as the NFL’s first dominant franchise, becoming the first team to win five Super Bowl titles. It’s easy to see why the 49ers have built a national fan base and their memorabilia is collected worldwide. The 49ers have been on top of the NFL world like few other teams have ever been able to duplicate. With a future Hall of Famer in Frank Gore and impact players like Colin Kaepernick, the 49ers provide collectors with a number of options as to where to turn to add depth and uniqueness to a memorabilia collection.
- Joe Montana Autographed Footballs: Joe Montana was the football’s ultimate winner. He won a National Title in college and led the San Francisco 49ers to four Super Bowl victories during his illustrious professional career. Montana has one of the best track records when it came to big games like the Super Bowl. In his four championship appearances, Montana threw 11 touchdowns with zero interceptions. Since his retirement in the mid-90s, fans and collectors have scrambled to find ways to preserve his NFL memory. The addition of an autographed Joe Montana football will do wonders for any memorabilia collection seeking to add some historical context. In addition to Montana’s signature, many Joe Montana signed footballs also feature inscriptions denoting his statistics and highlights of the Hall of Famer’s career.
- Jerry Rice Signed Helmets: Jerry Rice is the greatest wide receiver to ever play the game, there’s no argument that can say otherwise. He is the all-time leader in almost every significant statistical category for wide receivers – Rice leads in career receptions, touchdown receptions and yards. No NFL memorabilia collection is complete without paying homage to the best receiver the NFL has ever seen. Fans and collectors can take advantage of our wide selection of signed Jerry Rice helmets by adding a truly unique piece of sports history to their collection. From throwback 49ers designed to current San Francisco helmets, each items is hand-signed by the Hall of Famer and guaranteed to provide your collection with a boost of historical context.
- Steve Young Autographed Photos: Steve Young was one of the most efficient and effective quarterbacks in NFL history. Young gained fame by stepping out of the shadow of legend Joe Montana and leading the 49ers to the same success Montana did earlier in his career. When Young retired from football in 1999, he has the highest passer rating in NFL – a feat that etched his name as one of the greatest passers of his generation. Fans and collectors everywhere strive to this day to find ways to preserve the legacy Young left behind, and while shopping through our collectibles you will find the perfect way to do so with a signed Steve Young photo. With a photo that shows a continually victorious Young while wearing his red 49ers jersey captures some of the greatest moments in league history. Considering that the former Niners quarterback holds such an iconic place in NFL history, photos with a Steve Young autograph make a great investment as they are sure to rise in value over the years.
- Colin Kaepernick Signed Mini Helmets: Colin Kaepernick is the latest All-Pro quarterback to wear the San Francisco 49ers uniform. He took over the 49ers in the middle of the 2012 season and hit the ground running, leading the team to a second-consecutive playoff appearance. Kaepernick led the 49ers to their first Super Bowl appearance since 1994, but the team ultimately fell to the Baltimore Ravens 28-24. Kaepernick has established himself as a dynamic quarterback that can beat opponents with his arm and legs – he set a postseason quarterback record by rushing for 181 yards in his first playoff game. With an autographed Colin Kaepernick mini helmet, fans and collectors can invest in the future of the dynamic Niners talent as he works to bring San Francisco their sixth Super Bowl championship.
- Frank Gore Autographed Jerseys: The San Francisco 49ers drafted Frank Gore out of the University of Miami in the third round of the 2005 NFL Draft. Gore paid the team back by becoming one of the elite rushers in the game today. He’s made five Pro Bowl appearances and is the all-time leader in most 49er rushing categories. Gore has been a staple in the fierce 49ers offense, and along with Colin Kaepernick they make one of the most feared rushing attacks in the entire league. Fans and collectors can commemorate the outstanding career Gore has had by adding asigned Frank Gore jersey to their NFL memorabilia collection. A red or white 49ers jersey is a timeless piece and are made by the NFL sponsored, Nike. A signed Frank Gore jersey can serve as an ideal display and is a safe investment now because Gore’s statistics will surely land him in the Hall of Fame one day.