The Washington Redskins have traditionally been one of the most premier franchises in the National Football League. The Washington football franchise took home three Super Bowl titles in a ten-year span from 1982 to 1991, and prior to that, won two NFL Championships in 1937 and 1942. The Redskins have always found ways to put together a highly-talented team and produce victories on the field.
The Redskins dominance started when they hired Joe Gibbs to coach the team in 1981. With Gibbs at the helm, Washington put together their first Super Bowl season in 1982 when all the pieces came together perfectly and it all culminated with a 27-17 victory over the Miami Dolphins in Super Bowl XVII. Running back John Riggins was named Super Bowl MVP after rushing 38 timed for 166 yards and a touchdown, as just one feat of many that completed his unforgettable career in Washington. Joe Gibbs was named NFL Coach of the Year after the season, and Mark Moseley became the first and only placekicker in NFL history to be named league MVP.
After a couple of competitive seasons that didn’t end well, the Washington Redskins returned to glory during the 1987 season. Under the guidance of Gibbs and with a great performance by quarterback Doug Williams, the Redskins claimed their second Super Bowl title. Williams led Washington to a 42-10 win over the Denver Broncos in Super Bowl XXII after throwing for 340 yards and four touchdowns. Until Russell Wilson of the Seattle Seahawks won Super Bowl XLVIII in 2014, Williams was the only black starting quarterback to win a Super Bowl title.
Washington and Gibbs won their third Super Bowl title in 1992 after a 37-24 win over the Buffalo Bills. Gibbs solidified his place in football history with his third championship ring while also making the Washington Redskins one of the winningest franchises in NFL history. The Redskins legendary quarterback, Mark Rypien was named Super Bowl MVP after throwing for nearly 300 yards and two touchdowns in the win.
With elite young talent like Robert Griffin III, Alfred Morris, DeSean Jackson and Brian Orakpo, the Redskins are a team poised to make deep playoff runs for many years to come. Griffin III started his career in 2012 with one of the best rookie performances ever and was named Rookie of the Year. Running back Alfred Morris tried his best to one-up Griffin III by simultaneously enjoying a fantastic rookie season and was named a second-team All-Pro. Washington has the offensive weapons to scare the likes of every defense in the league, and with Orakpo anchoring their defense, the Redskins are a quality team that will be playoff bound.
Show your team pride in your favorite sports room or collection while investing in the future of this stacked roster with Washington Redskins memorabilia. Honor your favorite legend of the game that contributed to the Redskins lavish history or celebrate the next generation of stars from the current roster with sports memorabilia autographed by Washington players from the past and present.
- DeSean Jackson Signed Helmets: One of the fastest players in the NFL, DeSean Jackson is a three-time Pro Bowl player who joins a threatening Washington Redskins roster. Jackson spent his first six seasons in the NFL with the Philadelphia Eagles, where he solidified himself as one of the elite pass catchers in the league. Throughout his time in the league, Jackson has caught 356 passes for 6,117 yards and 32 touchdowns, placing him among the most electrifying players in the NFL. DeSean Jackson is looking to make the successful transition between the Eagles and their division rival Washington Redskins for the upcoming season. With DeSean Jackson signed helmet, Redskins fans can welcome the team’s latest superstar addition and increase the value of their dedicated sports memorabilia collection.
- Joe Theismann Autographed Footballs: Former Washington Redskins quarterback Joe Theismann was one of the greatest players in franchise history and is among the top passers ever to grace the NFL. The Notre Dame star made his NFL debut with the Redskins during the 1974 season and would stay with the franchise until his retirement in 1985. Theismann produced one his best seasons ever during 1982 as he was named to the Pro Bowl and eventually led the Redskins to a Super Bowl XVII victory over the Miami Dolphins. As a two-time Pro Bowl selection, Joe Theismann was the epitome of consistency for the Washington Redskins for over 12 years. Theismann’s legacy with the franchise will always remain in a special place, considering Theismann led the team to a Super Bowl victory and the first in franchise history. Fans and collectors can commemorate Theismann’s Super Bowl run and iconic place in Redskins history with an authentic Joe Theismann autographed football.
- Robert Griffin III Signed Jerseys: One of the most exciting players in the NFL, Robert Griffin III is a dynamic quarterback that brings the Washington Redskins roster to the next level. The Redskins selected Griffin with the second overall pick in the 2012 NFL Draft and he immediately took the league by storm. The University of Baylor product fascinated all NFL fans during his rookie season as he threw for over 3,000 yards and 20 touchdowns, while rushing for 815 touchdowns and seven touchdowns. His season earned him a trip to the Pro Bowl and the title of NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year. With an autographed Robert Griffin III jersey, Redskins fans can commemorate their new face of the franchise and his many achievements. A Robert Griffin III signed jersey highlights his iconic rookie season, plus allows Redskins fans to celebrate the team’s newest sensations and collectors to make an investment in sports memorabilia of increasing value.
- Alfred Morris Autographed Photos: Alfred Morris is one of the best storylines in recent football history and holds a special place in every Redskins fan’s heart. The running back was a sixth round pick by the Redskins in the 2012 NFL Draft that went on to produce one of the best rookie seasons by a running back ever. The oft-overlooked Morris rushed for 1,613 yards and 13 touchdowns as a rookie and was named to the second-team All-Pro. Morris avoided a sophomore slump by rushing for 1,275 yards during his second season and recording seven touchdowns. By taking home a signed Alfred Morris photo, NFL fans and collectors can wisely invest in the future of one of the most promising young runners in the game while showing support for the Redskins. Each Alfred Morris signed photo allows football fans to capture epic moments from throughout the Pro Bowl running back’s career from celebrating a touchdown to completely dominating the field.
- Brian Orakpo Signed Mini Helmets: One of the best defensive players in the NFL, Brian Orakpo is the difference maker for the Washington Redskins. Orakpo broke into the league after the Redskins drafted him in the first round of the 2009 draft. After making the NFL All-Rookie Team in 2009, Orakpo has been named to three Pro Bowls, making him one of the most elite defenders in football. The Redskins outside linebacker is an intimidator on the defensive side of the ball and provides the anchor on a playoff defense which adds value to autographed Brian Orakpo memorabilia. A Brian Orakpo autographed mini helmet would be a great addition to any Washington Redskins memorabilia collection and is the perfect way to honor a top competitor in the league.