The St. Louis Cardinals are one of the most successful franchises in Major League Baseball history. The Cardinals are one of the oldest teams in all of baseball, and during their time in the league they’ve won 11 World Series championships, 19 NL pennants and 12 division titles. With 11 World Series titles, the Cardinals have more championships than every team in Major League Baseball except for the New York Yankees. The Cardinals have provided their fans with countless moments of success worthy of being immortalized within a memorabilia collection.
Between 1920 and 1950, the St. Louis Cardinals won six World Series titles and established themselves as one of the most successful teams in all of baseball. With Bob Gibson and an MVP year from Ken Boyer, the Cardinals won the World Series again in 1964. Only a few years passed before the team won the title again in 1967 behind an MVP season from Orlando Cepeda. The Cardinals claimed their ninth World Series title in franchise history in 1982 after defeating the Milwaukee Brewers in a tight seven-game series.Hall of Famer, Ozzie Smith played a huge role for the Cardinals in the ’82 World Series, and he went on to dominate for the team for another 15 years. Known as “The Wizard of Oz,” Smith was a fan-favorite while in St. Louis and fans strive to this day to preserve his legacy.
Though many superstar players suited up for the Cardinals after the ’82 season, none were able to bring a World Series title back to St. Louis until the emergence of Albert Pujols. Pujols debuted for the team during the 2001 and he made an enormous splash. During his rookie season, Pujols batted .329 to go along with 37 home runs and 112 RBI – he was unanimously voted the NL Rookie of the Year. Pujols matched or improved on those numbers for the first ten years of his career – a feat never before achieved at the MLB level. Behind Pujols and a star-studded supporting cast, the Cardinals advanced and won the World Series during the 2006 and 2011 seasons.
The Cardinals have reached a level of accomplishment that will be difficult for any other MLB franchise to match. It’s easy to see why the Cardinals have a global following and why their memorabilia is some of the most collected. No NL team comes close to the Cardinals’ 11 titles and that’s why investing in a franchise that made winning a customary thing is always a smart move. With Hall of Famers Stan Musial, Bob Gibson, Orlando Cepeda and Ozzie Smith, among others, your options as to which direction to take with Cardinals memorabilia are endless.
- Albert Pujols Signed Bats: Albert Pujols is the best baseball player Major League Baseball has seen over the past 15 years, and his statistics prove as much. Pujols, who established himself as a baseball superstar during his 11 years as a Cardinal, bats a career average of .319 and has hit 508 home runs as of June 2014. As a two-time World Series champion and three-time NL MVP, Albert Pujols elevated the St. Louis Cardinals to glory during his tenure with the team. Because he is one of the most feared hitters in the game, the addition of a signed Albert Pujols bat would take any MLB memorabilia collection to the next level. An Albert Pujols autographed bat is sure to add an enormous amount of historical depth to any memorabilia collection. Each bat is hand-signed by this future Hall of Famer and commemorates the 2011 World Series win with the Cardinals.
- Stan Musial Autographed Jerseys: Stan Musial is considered to be among the exclusive list of players that are renowned as the greatest of all time. Musial played his entire career for the St. Louis Cardinals and that’s why his name and legacy still thrives within that fan base to this day. He batted .331 for his career to go along with 475 home runs and 1,951 RBI – numbers that stack up well against some of the best hitters ever. Musial was a three-time NL MVP and also led the Cardinals to three World Series titles, all of which cemented him as one of the best to ever do it. It’s hard for Cardinals fans to find authentic Stan Musial memorabilia, but we have a wide variety of collectibles with this Hall of Famer’s signature. Bolster your memorabilia collection with this signed Stan Musial jersey, and add the historical context that will elevate your collection to the next level.
- Bob Gibson Signed Baseballs: Bob Gibson was a nine-time All-Star who played his entire baseball career for the St. Louis Cardinals. Gibson recorded one of the best seasons ever by a pitcher during 1968, when he posted a 1.12 ERA for the entire season and earned the NL MVP award. The Hall of Famer played a vital role in two successful trips to the World Series in 1964 and 1967. Gibson was also known for fielding the pitchers position like few others have ever done it. He won nine consecutive Gold Glove awards from 1965 to 1973. Gibson won 251 career games by throwing a baseball better than his opponents could hit it, so as a fan the best way to commemorate this icon is by adding a Bob Gibson autographed baseball to your collection. Each ball features a rare Bob Gibson autographed and many also include unique attributes, such as a Hall of Fame logo or inscriptions denoting his many career feats.
- Adam Wainwright Autographed Plaques and Collages: Since breaking into the Major Leagues with the St. Louis Cardinals in 2005, Adam Wainwright has been one of the premier pitchers in all of baseball. Wainwright is a two-time All-Star and Gold Glove Award winner, making him one of the most versatile pitchers in the game today. With 1,208 career strikeouts to date, he trails only Bob Gibson as the all-time strikeouts leader in franchise history. The time to invest in Adam Wainwright memorabilia is now just before the hype surrounding this incredible talent explodes to an all-time high and the value of an Adam Wainwright autograph skyrockets. An Adam Wainwright collage would be a fantastic addition to any MLB collection as it can serve as a great decorative piece that honors one of the leagues newest stars. Many collages feature Adam Wainwright photos, a descriptive plate, team logo and an actual piece of a game-used baseball from a St. Louis Cardinals game.
- Matt Holliday Memorabilia: Matt Holiday is one of the most elite hitters in all of baseball. With the ability to hit for a great average and for power, Holliday has become the type of hitter that pitchers hate to face. As a six-time All-Star and four-time Silver Slugger, Holliday has clearly made a name for himself as a top player in this league. During the Cardinals’ 2011 World Series run, Holliday played a huge role in helping the team secure yet another championship. With signed Matt Holliday memorabilia, fans can add a really cool piece to their memorabilia collection that preserves every great play from the upcoming All-Star’s career. As a player that is known for crushing the ball at the plate, a Matt Holliday autographed baseball is a great piece for any collection that will surely rise in value over time.